Tuesday, July 20, 2010

{ (Day 5) Redeeming Ruth: God's Hand in Our Risk }

Hello Everyone,
I am sorry I haven't finished writing about the Redeeming Ruth sermon series. I have had a very busy, but very fun weekend. My little sister turned 16!!!! I can't believe she is 16. We went swimming for 4 1/2 hours and then that night we went camping. On Sunday two of my brothers and their families were out for the day. I will post day 6 tomorrow. Today I have been working on getting one of my Mom's new patterns into PDF form so she can sell the downloads on her blog. Then tonight I had two of my nephews softball games.  


I will finish up writing about the series tomorrow. 

I hope anyone who watched with us was blessed!
{God's Hand in Our Shrewdness Ruth 4:1-12}


{1} This part of Ruth mainly focuses on the business side of things. Boaz was an upstanding man and we see that he wanted to do things legally, but at the same time he was going to be very shrewd. The definition of
shrewd | sh roōd|
adjective
having or showing sharp powers of judgment; astute
Being shrewd in not bad. We should be shrewd and not sin. We should be shrewd in our business dealings, but we should always be fair. I like how Boaz went and quickly took care of business. He told Ruth that he would take care of it in the morning and he did.
{2} We can sin by doing something, but we can also sin by doing nothing. Boaz chose to do the right thing by putting action behind his prayers. How many times has there been something I know I should do, but don't and by doing nothing I sin? It's something to think about.


{3} Pastor Mark said this, "You become a man to prepare for marriage. Marriage does not make you a man". The same goes for women. All of those who are single out there, we should be using this time to become men and women of God. We shouldn't be waiting for marriage to make us this. Am I living in a way to prepare myself for marriage? In our culture we as young adults are supposed to use this time to have fun, but shouldn't we use this time to grow up?

{4} How we live effects the future. Am I living in a way to leave the future generation a legacy? I realize I'm only 18, and future generation may seem a ways off, but why shouldn't I start living like that now? 


I hope you all had a wonderful day!!!

In Him,
~Tressa

4 comments:

  1. The Bible study has been wonderful the second time around. I love what the Lord has done for you girls. He is so faithful. As your Momma I have prayed for you all, to have your own walk with Him. You are taking the baton and running with it. I am blessed to be called your Mom! I can only imagine what the Lord must think of His precious girls.

    Love you, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and thanks for showing me how to run the race for Him!

    ReplyDelete