Saturday, July 10, 2010

{ A Week of Fasting from Facebook }

Hello Everyone,
my best friend Micah from Unfading Beauty and I have decided to fast from facebook this coming week, and instead we are going to do a Bible Study. We are going to be going through a series of sermons from Mark Driscoll called "Redeeming Ruth" that goes through book of Ruth. There are 6 different sermons. I have gone through it before, but it's always good to go through something a second time. I always find that I get more out of it by doing it twice. Micah and I would love it if you all went through it with us. We will be blogging throughout the week with different things we are learning. We are praying that this will be a time of growing closer to the Lord. So many times we get caught up, and don't give the Lord the time he deserves from us. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us. I was very blessed the first time I listened to the sermons. I know you would be too!


Please let Micah or I know if you are going to go through it with us.


The video below is the intro to the first sermon.



Side Note: I just found out that there is a free curriculum pdf download that goes with each sermon! Just go to the above link, and under the video there is a place that says documents, click on it and then there will be a place where you can click on curriculum. Your pdf should start to download. There is also a button that says download notes and that is Pastor Marks notes from his sermon.

In Him,
           ~Tressa

5 comments:

  1. Sign me up! I want to go through it again! I am so proud of you! I am thankful that you are choosing Christ!

    Love you sweet pea, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tressa, Yes, sign me up too..I just posted the same thing on Micah's site. I love the book of Ruth...and I've got lots of free time on my hands at the moment...so what a great way to fill the time by filling up on God's word :) :) I'll listen to the first message this afternoon!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    p.s. I asked Micah this and I 'll ask you too..would it be okay if I talked a little about your blog on my blog later this week? I think more people should know about you..and they'll be encouraged that you are young person following after God!!!! Let me know either way...no hurries..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom- Love you too!

    Heather- I hope you are blessed by it!

    Yes! That would be really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up too. Hope it can be done at my leisure or do we have to meet online at a particular time. I have company now, but really want to be blessed with this chance to honor Him with You! Love you, Aunt Shanny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Shan,
    you can do it whenever is convenient for you. : )
    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete