Wednesday, July 14, 2010

{ (Day 3) Redeeming Ruth: God's Hand in Our Blessings. }

Hello Everyone,
Todays post is going to be a little short. I am very tired and need to go to bed, but I thought I would put a little something up. I'm sorry my posts have been so late in the day. I was with Micah for most of the day and didn't have time until now. I am going to write about two things that stuck out to me in todays sermon.

{1} Boaz was incredibly generous with Ruth and a total servant to her. In those days Ruth being a Moabite, a Jewish man wouldn't have stooped down to her level and served her. She would have been the one serving him, but yet he still served her. Here is this man of standing and wealth serving her. By inviting her to eat lunch with his workers he was not only providing her with food, he was giving her community. Something she didn't have as an outsider. This is a beautiful example of what Jesus does with us. Jesus came as a servant to save us. Spurgeon calls Jesus our "Glorious Boaz". I still don't understand why he would come and die for a sinner such as I, I am overwhelmed by His grace and mercy He has extended to me. It makes me think of the song by This Beautiful Republic called "For the Life of Me".

Was I worth the pain?
You had nothing left to gain
I know I'm the only one to blame
I'm broken on the floor
Staring at the door
Waiting on a Savior to walk in

For the life of me, why'd You bear my chains?
For the life of me why'd You walk to Calvary?
For the life of me I can't explain
The reason You died and the reason You came was for the life of me

What do You see in me?
I'm a leper not a king
A mess that's undeserving of Your name
I've disappointed You
Like a rose that never blooms
Failing to display my heart to You

Lord, let me be so bright
I escape every shadow using Your light
Are You waiting to see
That I will show
Your life in me?





{2} Because Boaz humbled himself and became a servant to Ruth he started to help change Naomi's heart from bitterness to one of blessing. That really makes you stop and think......'

Here is the intro to tomorrows sermon called "God's Hand in Our Risk".



I pray that whoever watched along with us today was blessed greatly!!!

I hope you all have wonderful days tomorrow!

In Him, 
     ~Tressa

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tressa...
    I'm doing a "Redeeming Ruth" double feature tomorrow. ..I was kind of busy today and let the day slip away a little bit. It was all good things..but still...so I'll comment about this tomorrow. I like your points. It'll give me something good to think about tonight :) :) :)

    Oh, I told Micah and I'll tell you...that last night I started praying that God will bring you and her your very on "Boaz" :) :) :) I hope that's okay :) :)

    I like the lyrics to that song with the chorus "For the life of me..." I think I'll borrow it and post it on my status update on Facebook!!!

    Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tressa, I am enjoying the bible study, and the study of Ruth is great and we can glean alot from it. I am an older woman and I really like your Blog. I have been following your Mothers also. I started my own, but don't know to much about it, I am trying to learn about this computer thing,LOL I am a born again Christian and Love the kord with all my heart. Keep up the good work in the Lord, Love Ya Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather- That is SO okay for you to pray that the Lord would bring us a Boaz!!!! That is so sweet of you to do that. I pray that he would too. : )

    Juanita~ I'm so glad you are enjoying it! I am too.
    If you ever have any questions on your blog I would love to help you!
    Just send me an email at walkinginhispath @ gmail.com (take out the spaces) or you can leave me a comment with any question you might have.

    Love, Tressa

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Tressa,
    Yikes I'm late with my comments...I got behind and watched Parts Three and Four last night..late...but it was so worth it :) :) :)

    I never thought about the possible issue of Ruth's dad or lack of one, until Pastor Driscoll brought it up...but then it got me to thinking that maybe Ruth's homelife was so bad, that she'd rather risk the unknown than stay in her homeland..."But God..." God had a plan for Ruth...:) :) :)

    I noticed that too...Boaz served Ruth and he certainly wasn't obligated or required to do so. He just did it because that's the kind of man he was...He was generous and kind to all the people in His life. That's the kind of man you want...someone who loves God AND is nice to everyone!!!

    Another thing that I loved was how Boaz not only served Ruth...but he served Naomi...Ruth's "mother in law"...or "mother in love"...to borrow a phrase from Linda ;) :) He not only is showing care/concern for Ruth...but also for things/people that concern Ruth...namely Naomi :) :)

    Ruth is a hardworker... and it's important to note that she had absolutely nada and it didn't matter to Boaz. He saw her heart and her true character..and knew that she took every opportunity that was given to her to do something productive to take care of herself and Naomi.

    I thought that was important. I'm in a season of unemployment right now...and I've certainly had feelings of unworthiness. However, I realize that it's not based on my job, but rather what God says about who I am. YOu may or may not have experienced feeling unworthy or less than perfect..but remember, that God loves you no matter what station in life you are at...and I love the other point that Pastor Driscoll brought home, that inspite of Ruth's dire circumstances she always ran to God and people!!!...Or for us, run to God and the church!!! Go to the place where you'll be blessed. I think Pastor Driscoll put it this way "Stay in the place that God blesses until God blesses". :) :) :)

    The best thing ever is to learn from older women. I"m 36 now, but I still love to learn from older women...your mom, other ladies I know who've got lots more wisdom than I have...They can give you wise counsel on what it means to be a true woman of God, what true beauty is etc...I'm not sure how I can be a blessing to younger women yet...but if you ever have questions you can always ask me to clarify something :) :)

    Anyway, I feel like I may have gone off topic a bit..but you know how you read/listen to a lesson and it makes you think of all sorts of things? This is one of those days.

    It's worth it to wait for the one God has for you...but "get in his way"...so he notices that you're there :) :) ...hee hee he :) :) In any case, a man of character and integrity. That's the kind of man I want...someone who treats everyone well...!!!!

    Oh, I share an apartment with my dad and I was telling him about part three. I said that whoever courts me is going to have to be nice to my dad..So for my dad, that translates to good Christian books, worship CDs etc..We had a nice laugh about that..but in all sincerity, whoever Mr. Right for Me is has to be nice to my parents!!!

    Well, I guess that's enough for this post. I've got to go over to Part four and read what you wrote there!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete