Saturday, June 26, 2010

{ Clayton's Story }

Disclaimer- Watch the the top video before you read what I have written below. I don’t want to spoil it for you. : )





I get a daily email from GodTube with a featured video. I don't always watch them though. About a week and a half ago I got an email with the above video inside, something about it made me stop and watch it. Now I know why did. I then went on to find out that that Clayton had a website and on that website there is a video with message that Clayton gave to his church. (the video below) 
Clayton wasn’t the greatest speaker, but he had the greatest message. I was impacted in a way I can’t explain. There is something real about his message, I think because he knew he was dying. He had a heart for the lost, and not only the lost, but also the saved. We as Christians so often get distracted by the things of this world. I know I do. How often do we forget that life is so incredibly short. Like it says in James 4 verse 14

“Now listen, you who say, Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money. Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” 

I don’t have much else to say, I think I will let Clayton speak to you today.  I encourage you to watch the Clayton’s message below, I know you all are busy, but please take 30 minutes out of your day to listen to him. I know you will be impacted by what he has to say and incredibly blessed.





Clayton McDonald | Highlife | Nov. 5, 2008 from Atascadero Bible Church on Vimeo.




In him,
   ~Tressa

9 comments:

  1. The video just touched my heart-- I love your new blog and I am new to leaving comments. I usualy just visit and not say anything . But I am very blessed by your blog and the fact you are a beautful young girl wanting to make a difference. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Tress--
    You know how much I love this video....but let me again say: I LOVE THIS VIDEO! So totally incredible and convicting. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie- Thank you. I'm glad I was able to bless you today.

    Micah-I know! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tressy, thank you for being brave. Thank you for not hiding your faith! My prayer for you has always been that you would be bold for Christ! Alls the Lord ask is that we share, He does the rest! Keep pointing us to Jesus!

    Daddy and I are watching the video!

    Love you bunches sweet pea!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mom!

    I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was great...and I did take 30 minutes to watch the video :) :) It was worth it :) :) Thanks for sharing this. It's really neat to see a young woman wanting to follow after God...will pray that it's a great journey!!! Have an awesome week. Hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked it Heather.
    Hope you have an awesome week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came over from Prairie Flower Farm. What a wonderful family you have. Congratulations on starting a blog. It can be fun and scary and time consuming. Don't let the blog become a distraction from what you want to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lori! Yes I do have a wonderful family! I am very blessed.

    ReplyDelete